NIC’s Investment Banking Sector helps companies to identify and implement the right business and capital structures, including securing financing for growth and development.
Investment Banking Sector comprises two lines of business:
Financial Advisory Services
Advisory: NIC’s financial advisory team provides a full range of corporate finance advisory services for its clients that includes:
- Equity Capital Markets: initial public offerings, public equity transactions, and rights issues.
- Debt Capital Markets: bonds and sukuk structuring and issuances, and syndicated loans arrangement.
- Capital Raising: private placements and project financing.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: acquisition searches, matching buyers with sellers, deal structures, due diligence, and transaction execution.
- Corporate Advisory: valuation, feasibility studies, business strategy and other corporate finance advisory services.
MERGERS & ACQUISITION
• Buy-side transactions, including
• Sell-side transactions.
• Mergers of entities.
• Negotiation of transactions
and closing documentation.
• Financial due diligence.
• Transaction structuring.
CAPITAL MARKET TRANSACTIONS
• Initial Public Offerings (IPOs).
• IPO readiness.
• Listing on Boursa Kuwait.
• Capital increase / rights issuance
• Private placement.
• Issuance of bonds and sukuk.
• Bond ratings.
• Mandatory Tender Offers (MTOs)
and Voluntary Tender Offers (VTOs).
OTHER ADVISORY SERVICES
• Business valuations.
• Financial feasibility studies.
• Business plan development.
• Strategy development: growth
and turn-around strategy.
• Financial restructuring.
• Transaction structuring.
• Enhancing governance.
• Screening investments.
• Transaction services for PPP projects.
Alternatives: NIC’s Alternative Investments team invests in a variety of alternative asset classes both locally and internationally (US, MENA, Europe, and Asia). We analyze investment funds and direct investments, with a focus on thematic strategies, as well as individual companies, typically with strong business fundamentals, supportive current or projected market conditions, strong management teams, and attractive valuations.
NIC’s vast depth and breadth of experience includes the following sectors: Technology, Venture Capital, Real Estate, Hospitality, Financial Services, and Education.
- West Street Strategic Solutions Offshore Fund I, LP
- Seera Investment Co.
- Hadaeq Al Naser Holding Co.
- Starwood Global Opportunity Fund XI
- Saudi Projects Holding Group K.S.C. (Holding)
- Al Dhyafa Al Ahliya Real Estate Co K.S.C.C.
- Kuwait Al-Areen Real Estate Co KSC (closed)
- Bakkah Tower Project
- Vanguard Office Portfolio
- Gulf Real Estate Company
- Al Motahed Co.
F & B
- Agricultural Food Products Co. K.S.C.
- Aamal Holding Company K.S.C.C.
- ISQ Global Infrastructure Fund II, L.P.
- First Education Co.
- Edafah Holding Company K.S.C. (Holding)
- HPS Offshore Mezzanine Partners 2019, L.P.
- Future Positive I International, LP
- Middle East Venture Fund III LP
- G Squared V
- Team Holding Co.
- Mena Capital Holding Co.
- Kuwait Asia Holding Co. K.S.C. (Holding)
- Apollo Natural Resources Partners II, LP